Dream it. Live it is an exciting new programme provided by Working Links as part of the groundbreaking Plymouth and South West Peninsula City Deal.
We help people across the South West to progress both in employment and self-employment, with the aim of increasing earnings and take home pay, as well as personal development through mentoring, training and networking opportunities.
The Dream it. Live it programme includes:
- a dedicated Career Coach with regular one to one coaching sessions; Find us here: "Meet Us"
- access to funding/ part-funding for additional training, advice and support, including the following examples:
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Team Leader/ Management
- Forklift Licence
- Selected NVQ2's and NVQ3's (eg. Customer Service, Care)
- Maths, English and IT
- Health & Safety and First Aid
- MOOC's/ Online Learning
- creating or updating a professional CV tailored to you
- progression in your career either in your current job, or finding something new
- signposting to our partners for money management advice, housing advice and support, networking and masterclass events, with online support to connect with other professionals, as well as much more;
- support to find more work opportunities in a new company or through self-employment.
Your Career Coach is an impartial ear who will listen and give you advice and guidance on how to advance your career. They help you decide what you want from work and help you plan the right steps to get there.
Our knowledgable mentors are available to meet you in your area to give one to one, personalised support.. The sessions will let you find the training you need to succeed in your job and to progress further up the ladder.
You can review your progress against your Career action plan, ticking off those Career milestones as you go.